Rear Subframe and Trailing Arm Bushing Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Subframe and Trailing Arm Bushing Questions

In about 2 weeks Im going to drop the entire rear suspension to R&R all rubber bushings with new polyuretahne units from IE. Other than being severly labor intensive, the procedure seems pretty straight forward.

While I got all that stuff off the car, what else should I replace. Obviosly, at that time I will be installing the last 2 SS brake lines. Should I replace the bolts that hold the diff to the carrier? What about the bolts that attch the drivesahft to the diff flange?

Heres a question that pertains to the polyuretahne bushings. Is there anyone here who has replaced them and can give me their impressions / opinions / gripes of this upgrade.

TIA

Mario

You seem to know your stuff, so I doubt I can help...but I'm highly looking forward to your impression of the urethane equipment!

Just since you didn't mention it, don't forget the differential bushing.

The rear driveshaft->diff input flange nuts are self locking, so it's a good idea to replace those.

Comment

are you doing the 'racing' bushings or the green ones?
      BEERTECH

Comment

Re: Rear Subframe and Trailing Arm Bushing Questions

Originally posted by TIATO
        Heres a question that pertains to the polyuretahne bushings. Is there anyone here who has replaced them and can give me their impressions / opinions / gripes of this upgrade.
        I've ran the green ones for about 2 years now. No gripes. The car feels a bit more solid and a bit louder. I'll be upgrading to orange ones over the winter on my autocross car and the green ones will go on streeet car.

As far as replacing other parts you pretty much got it. I wouldn't bother with bolts unless they are severely rusted. Self locking nuts will keep being self locking just fine. I would only replace them if:
        1. You are very AR and need to satisfy your OC disorder :-)
        2. You have got more money than you can spend.

Maybe upper shock mounts + gasket, brake components since you are going to be taking them apart anyway. While you have the diff out change the oil if it's been a while. Changing diff bushing sounds pretty good also if it's old and tired.

Comment

Alex,

thanks for the reply.

Great car and driving resume you have there. Keep up the great work!

Mario

Comment

Thanks Mario. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Working...
            X