replace E30 325 brake master cylinder with 750il one or m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace E30 325 brake master cylinder with 750il one or m3

I heard that youcan replace a regular E30 brake master cylinder with a 750il's brake master cylinder or an e30 m3's?

does it work ?
    and what's the benefit ?
    if works? what year of 750il master cylinder i should consider?
    Thanks.

most people go with a 25mm MC. i dont know which year and model it came off of, but most say it was off a e32 750iL; however, i think some e32 750's actually came with 30mm MC's. you can get the 25mm's at bimmerworld.com

Comment

I just did mine and I love it! It was a direct swap on my 89 325i. Here's a link to the thread all about it. I bought mine from Jonathan Chan, whose email is in the thread.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...aster+cylinder

Comment

would it fit on 87 325e?

would it fit on 87 325e?

Thanks

Comment

the 25mm MC is for ABS equipped e30's only.

The e30 M3 MC would not be a worthwhile upgrade, and the fittings to it are a different size.

Hers 13 X3 375hp/450tq - His 14 M5 780hp/730tq

Comment

Re:

Depends on the month...5/ 87 was the changeover from single diameter master to dual dia. front and rear circuits.

Comment

So your saying cars made before that date can't install the 25mm one?

That's too bad, I have a 9/85

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                the 25mm MC is for ABS equipped e30's only.

The e30 M3 MC would not be a worthwhile upgrade, and the fittings to it are a different size.
                That is a bit black & white.

Yes it will bolt into a E30 (abs or not) the issue is there is only 1 front circuit outlet on the 25mm MC (fine if you have ABS), if you have a non-abs E30 (like mine, '85 323i) you need a small length of steel brakeline (with fittings to suit each end) and a T-piece.
                Both of which are avaliable from any Brake parts shop for about $10.
                This is because the non-abs MC's have 2 outlets, left & right front and the 25mm MC has 1, to go to the ABS thing!!
                292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Working...
                X