ERP Brake Rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERP Brake Rotors

Hey everybody, I am wanting to get some cross drilled brake rotors and was looking on ebay and saw some from ERP in canada. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with these rotors. I would love to get zimmerman but they are almost twice as much...why pay for the brand name!
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

why do you want cross-drilled rotors? just get brembo blanks from a place who sells OE replacement parts, like turnermotorsport or tirerack. i think turner may have a better price for rotors.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

I have had trouble with rotors on two cars now and when I switched to a cross drilled rotor on the one car I have never had another problem since. That was after I had replaced the rotors with new brembos too the first time. I think the rotor staying cooler helps alot!
      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Problems with plain rotors are almost always due to a choice in pads that is not compatible with driving conditions/style. The problem results from overheating the pads and then bringing the car to a stop before the rotors and pads have cooled off. That will leave uneven pad deposits on the rotors and cause vibration under braking. The cure is to switch to a higher performance pad.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

What kind of trouble did you have on two cars with Brembo blanks?...just curious is all

What kind of driving do you do that your rotors are getting to hot?. IMO drilled rotors are more fashion then function. A stock size blank has a larger surface area or friction area than a cross drilled stock sized E30 rotor.
          Do you take your car to track days etc.? You might want to consider some brake ducting if you are having issue with keeping brakes cool.

I race E30s and we run Brembo blanks with cooling ducts and the only issue I've ever seen is the rotors getting wore out do to aggressive pads.

good luck with the rotor search

Comment

I myself am a spirited driver at times and the car I want to put the drilled rotors on is the one I drive, but the previous car I was referring to was my daughters 325i. I can't imagine that she would have been hard on brakes, but the brembos did not last even a year before I had to do a complete new one and that is when I went to a drilled rotor. This of course was before I started doing my own wrenching so the mechanic could have put on some crappy pads and not broken in the rotors or pads properly. Either way I think the brakes on my 325is are not functioning as well as they should, but they were installed by PO. I got some good pads from pelican and thought I might want to upgrade the rotors as well. I have had my brakes smoking hot before and no I do not track the car at all. I did notice that one of my brake ducts was missing and am going to install the duct when I do the change (that was the wheel that was on fire). Anyway I do think a drilled rotor is better than solid or BMW would not drill the rotors on the new ones. It has to be an improvement other than for looks.

Comment

Working...
            X