brake recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake recomendations?

Its time to do the brakes on my 89, and I am curious as to what you all recommend as a "stock" upgrade. a big brake kit for this car is not in the budget so I would just like to replace eveything with good replacement upgrades.

So for sure I am planning to swap lines for braided lines, but what rotors and pads do you recommend. I want something that will stop this thing when driven hard but wont need crazy warm up to work in normal daily driving, the car will see a couple track events a year...maybe but is driven pretty hard most of the time.

Thanks in advance
    89 325i
    05 Cooper S/500whp ( for sale )

I run brembo x drilled rotors with pagid sport pads, work well on the street but don't know about track? Read somewhere that stainless braided lines are prone to leaking?
    sigpic

Comment

Go with Brembo Blanks for rotors, and I recomend Jurid or some hawk HPS for pads. Jurid is the best oem replacement, and Hawk is a good aftermarket.
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Drilled rotors are to be avoided for "intense duty". Stress cracks will start at the holes.
        OEM Jurid are indeed great all-around pads.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

e36 m3 fronts ;)
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! Any links to the best places/prices for the brembo's and pads?
            89 325i
            05 Cooper S/500whp ( for sale )

Comment

UUC rotors with a set of hawk HPS pads
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Detlman View Post
                Thanks for the recommendations! Any links to the best places/prices for the brembo's and pads?
                Patrick @ BMAparts he will hook you up like crazy. Just order online and you will get free shipping. bmaparts.com type specE30 into the coupon slot after you make your cart.
                -tim
                Originally posted by Jordan
                I like the stance
                -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                  Patrick @ BMAparts he will hook you up like crazy. Just order online and you will get free shipping. bmaparts.com type specE30 into the coupon slot after you make your cart.
                  Call him up and talk to him, and he'll price match anything you find. ;)
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                  X