Meyle control arms with full metal ball joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meyle control arms with full metal ball joints

I've been searching online for them, but everytime I stumble across them, they mention only an E36 application. Don't the E30 and E36 (non M3) control arms have the same geometry?

Would the control arms marketed for an E36 application fit an E30? If I'm going to replace my control arms, I want some beefier ball joints.
    San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Re: Meyle control arms with full metal ball joints

Originally posted by BimmerToad
    I've been searching online for them, but everytime I stumble across them, they mention only an E36 application. Don't the E30 and E36 (non M3) control arms have the same geometry?

Would the control arms marketed for an E36 application fit an E30? If I'm going to replace my control arms, I want some beefier ball joints.
    This is why one is going to turn the outer ball joint into a spaceable (lowered) sperical bearing. :)

Comment

keep an eye on www.bavarianperformancegroup.com we have been developing an amazing new part that sounds like its just what your looking for. keep an eye out
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by trent

This is why one is going to turn the outer ball joint into a spaceable (lowered) sperical bearing. :)
        Talking in third person again Trent?

How would a sperical bearing handle the dirt and dust of the street? Any dust boot?

Lowered for improved bump steer geometry?

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
          keep an eye on www.bavarianperformancegroup.com we have been developing an amazing new part that sounds like its just what your looking for. keep an eye out
          Checked out the site. Is that E30 M3 on 5 lug bottle caps (w/ winters)? That's h0t

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan

Looks like nothing but re-selling TC Kline and Turner parts???

Comment

Originally posted by trent

Talking in third person again Trent?

How would a sperical bearing handle the dirt and dust of the street? Any dust boot?

Lowered for improved bump steer geometry?
              Todd, no dust boots. However, due to the design they would be easily replaceable. Remember, on most race cars sperical bearings are wear items but usually designed to be easily removable.

Well, lowering the ball joint will help restore factory control arm geometry. Converting the tie-rod to be able to be lowered will help bump steer.

Comment

Working...
              X