Odd experience with front control arm when R&R'ing the front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd experience with front control arm when R&R'ing the front suspension

So about 1 month ago I replaced control arms, tie rods, and control arm bushings. Fast forward to last weekend when I did the front struts and put on a camber kit. Everything with passenger side went smooth. I took the whole strut assembly out to do the job instead of leaving the lower part on the control arm. Put everything together, put lower part of strut assembly on control arm, and then jacked into place. The drivers side however was a nightmare. I managed to get the strut assembly out but when I tried to put averything in there it wouldn't fit. It was like the control arm was stuck and wouldn't go any lower. I eventually attached the assembly at the top, put the wheel on and used the weight of the car to compress the strut/spring combo and then moved the wheel in place so the control arm lined up where it mounted. Anywho now I hear a clunk when I hit a bump on that side plus the shop down the street can't seem to do the alignment right. Any ideas on whats up with my control arm?

Not really sure? Sounds like a pretty shade tree mechanic style job. How the hell did you leave the strut housing attached to the control arm while replacing the springs and whatnot?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I think he just put camber plates on. Sway bar end links line up alright and everything? Did you detatch them for the camber kit (plates I'm assuming?) on and all?
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
      X