No announcement yet.

UUC - Big Brake Kit - Direct Fit caliper, 11.75" rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Will mine be ready for pickup when I return from the 'other coast' on Monday?

Comment

I picked up my kit yesterday. There was a problem with the wrong front pads but Rob corrected this right away and the new set are already in the mail. *thumbs-up*

The kit itself is god-damned beautiful. I chose powdercoated red calipers. Between the fact they have this thick powder coat on them (which feels somewhat rubbery) and how very light they are, they almost seem fake, lol.

I especially like the machine marks in the hats. *oo look, shiny things!*

Comment

This is the kit I will be buying very shortly. Looks like a well manufactured product, and it's made in the USA!

Way to stay classy Rob. I am in the automotive business as well, and this thread is one of the examples of why I try to stay away from forums sometimes.

I won't even LOOK at the other person's kit now.

Comment

Originally posted by everlast View Post
          I picked up my kit yesterday. There was a problem with the wrong front pads but Rob corrected this right away and the new set are already in the mail. *thumbs-up*

The kit itself is god-damned beautiful. I chose powdercoated red calipers. Between the fact they have this thick powder coat on them (which feels somewhat rubbery) and how very light they are, they almost seem fake, lol.

I especially like the machine marks in the hats. *oo look, shiny things!*
          Agreed. I will have a review soon. After this weekend of fun driving...

Comment

Originally posted by BenMGP View Post
            ... I am in the automotive business as well...
            I won't even LOOK at the other person's kit now.
            Since I am directly concerned in this comment, please allow me to straighten some facts. Massive is not a person. It's a company. And since this is only your fourth post here, please allow me to ask you in what type of automotive business you are. What's the company's name? Also, if you are seriously into automotive stuff, I guess you should at least take a look at the different options before making your own judgement on what equipment is best. This is what professionals in the automotive business do.

In regard of your comment about "Made in the USA", please let me pinpoint that "Wilwood" calipers and rotors are made in the USA as far as I remember. Not sourced from China as many automotive products, which I am sure you wouldn't sell. Right?

That being said, please feel free to bring any technical argument if you want to judge what product is best or doesn't deserve to be looked at. Otherwise, I'd believe your choice is not well founded. For your enlightment, here's a shot of what you are missing. Feel free to contact me for any request of info.

300x32mm (11.75"x 1.25") floating two-piece disc with anodized 6061-T6 aluminum hat. Available with 4 piston Superlite calipers as well as 6 pistons radial SL6R calipers.
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              Since I am directly concerned in this comment, please allow me to straighten some facts. Massive is not a person. It's a company. And since this is only your fourth post here, please allow me to ask you in what type of automotive business you are. What's the company's name? Also, if you are seriously into automotive stuff, I guess you should at least take a look at the different options before making your own judgement on what equipment is best. This is what professionals in the automotive business do.

In regard of your comment about "Made in the USA", please let me pinpoint that "Wilwood" calipers and rotors are made in the USA as far as I remember. Not sourced from China as many automotive products, which I am sure you wouldn't sell. Right?

That being said, please feel free to bring any technical argument if you want to judge what product is best or doesn't deserve to be looked at. Otherwise, I'd believe your choice is not well founded. For your enlightment, here's a shot of what you are missing. Feel free to contact me for any request of info.

300x32mm (11.75"x 1.25") floating two-piece disc with anodized 6061-T6 aluminum hat. Available with 4 piston Superlite calipers as well as 6 pistons radial SL6R calipers.
              Cool facts. Ever think that maybe he was referring to how you 'conduct business' on the forums and not the actual product itself? A vast majority of the post in this thread are just negativity and attacks against Rob, UUC and their product. Look at your last post... You aren't concerned. He said he wasn't considering your kit. Yet you still had to post and call out a random forum member.

I read this thread. I photographed and drove a car with the brakes. Still undecided I read some more. And the way you conducted business on the forum is what turned me off. So now I have a UUC Big Brake Kit on my E30. And love it. If I was you I would consider the way that you enter threads and how you reply. Using the "Here is why product X sucks and a link to my better product" doesn't sell all that way in my opinion.

UUC Big Brake Kit:

Comment

May I suggest you reread the first page on this thread, and you shall see it started purely informative. It was entirely technical. And it stayed technical for a while. ;-)

BTW Looking at the pictures above (very nicely shots - is that your car?), it looks like at least one of my comments was 100% founded. Especially about the disc friction height not being tall enough for the pad, by at least 1/8". So please, let's keep it technical. BTW DinanM3atl, did you remove your backing plates yet? ;-)
                Last edited by Massive Lee; 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

[quote=dinanm3atl;2026438]Cool facts. Ever think that maybe he was referring to how you 'conduct business' on the forums and not the actual product itself? A vast majority of the post in this thread are just negativity and attacks against Rob, UUC and their product. Look at your last post... You aren't concerned. He said he wasn't considering your kit. Yet you still had to post and call out a random forum member.

Massive had all the rights to respond to his post. Not buying Lee's product is one thing but by spitting on it Lee is going to respond. And the fact that the product was "made in the USA" does not make it a good selling point. It made me want to vomit. Hence, stop making comparisons. Whomsoever want to buy Lee's product, they will and whomsoever want to buy Rob's product is going for one reason or the other.

Comment

Hey guys,

Update:

Thanks to the constructive input and wishes expressed by our customers, there have been some options added to the UUC E30 BBK.

These options also affect the pricing structure. As initially posted, the $849 introductory price was terminated approximately a week ago. The new price is $995.

But the good news is that the new option list means you can still have the UUC E30 BBK kit for $849.

How is this possible? Instead of powdercoating, you can choose the less expensive anodizing in black or red and still pay only $849. Anodized calipers feature a very attractive laser-engraved UUC logo that stands out in a matte silver.

We really do appreciate the feedback and the overwhelming amount of orders - we're backordered again! Current orders will be shipping approximately around the end of the second week of June 2010.

As always, in addition to the color/finish/pad options shown on our website, you can call to request alternate changes such as any of the various rotor options (different vanes, etc.) and alternate pads (race pads from Hawk, etc.). You can also add matching OE-size rear rotors and pads and save on shipping!

Thanks again for all your responses. This kind of reception definitely has an impact on the future growth of the UUC offerings for E30!
                    - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                    Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Cool Rob. As said I put a review thread after this weekend when it really gets a workout.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                        Cool Rob. As said I put a review thread after this weekend when it really gets a workout.
                        Looking forward to it!

- Rob
                        - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                        Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

Comment

any confirmation that these fit TRmotorsport C1 15x8 wheels from tirerack?
                          90 E30 325i

Comment

Originally posted by guibo09 View Post
                            any confirmation that these fit TRmotorsport C1 15x8 wheels from tirerack?
                            I still don't have one of those wheels to test, and apparently neither does anyone else locally.

However, see this post:

Looks like it's really close, whether the indicated contact is measurement error or not is unknown.

However, that contact point is on a center bridge plate, not powdercoated... which means you could grind off that little corner without a problem.

Comment

I spent a good portion of the morning reading this thread and learned alot. I can't wait to get one of these kits!
                              '86 E30
                              '05 E53 X5
                              '72 Firebird
                              '10 Prius
                              '03 Tundra

Comment

UUC should look into making a caliper bracket and rotor setup to allow for rear e36m3 brake calipers to be used on the ti 5lug swap :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X