Parking brake overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking brake overhaul

So when I tore the car apart two years ago I didn't take any pictures. I'm rebuilding the parking brake today and had a couple questions. Every search came back with a walkthrough that no longer exists (http://webpages.charter.net/bpearsall/parking-brake/)

Does the bent spring go on top or on the bottom?

I already installed my wheel studs in the hub. Am I screwed now to adjust the ebrake?

Anyone got a picture of how the ebrake cable is routed on the trailing arm?

Oh yeah, does it matter which way the pivot point and adjuster stars point? I figure towards the front of the car on both sides.

Comment

It will be a pain in the ass to adjust the ebrake with the stud in. If you have the right tool, you can try it thru the rotor locating bolt hole, but my guess is you'll go crazy after 2 seconds.

If you don't like the idea of removing a stud, you can loosen the nuts on the interior side of the E brake cable (by the ebrake handle), pull the caliper off, including the carrier, and then pull the rotor off every time you need to adjust the weird nut/spacer thing. spread the shoes as far as you can until it's difficult to put the rotor on, then put it all back together. tighten the nuts inside the car to acheive desired tension.

Aren't there two springs, one on top and one on bottom? my kits came with 4 of those springs....

you may want to look at this post for help with the E-brake issue, and this post for help with the routing of the e-brake cable.
      sigpic
      king of bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
      X