new AKG subframe-raising bushings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mossman
    replied
    OMG diff studs that an ingenius idea, if I can find baby studs with those threads I'm gonna do that next time I drop one, seems like it would make reassembly cake, as long as there's room to get a nut on there, which I think there should be.

    M12X1,5X25 is what realoem says, cant' find any fully threaded studs in m12x1.5 at mcmaster though.

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    ^^for sure. A friend had installed the metal ones awhile ago without spacers which I think changed the angle by like 3 degrees or something and it trashed the CSB and the driveshaft at the first track day, heh... 200k on the driveshaft, though.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    It will add some extra angle to the u-joints at the csb and diff, but not much and certainly not enough to have an adverse effect
    you have to space the diff down. you don't want to mess with pinion angles..

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    Subframe raising mounts have been available for a while in weld-in steel. Kit includes spacers to keep the diff in the same location as well as stud that makes fitting the diff much easier. A weld-in mount means there will be no movement at all of the subframe and no greasing needed. Fit once, forget forever. Such mounts have been available in aluminum too from other vendors too.

    Yeah, I know about the steel ones, but so far as I know these are the only poly ones. I've never tried sold mounts, but I'm under the impression that they wouldn't be too great for the street heh.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    how does this effect driveshaft and diff?
    It will add some extra angle to the u-joints at the csb and diff, but not much and certainly not enough to have an adverse effect

    Leave a comment:


  • lifeiskaos
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    how does this effect driveshaft and diff?
    You space down the diff as much as your raise the driveshaft. You can see the spacers for this in Lee's picture above.

    That keeps your driveshaft lined up and the diff bushing aligned

    Leave a comment:


  • BraveUlysses
    replied
    Pretty neat, will look into these once I refresh my subframe bushings.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    how does this effect driveshaft and diff?

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    That's pretty cool. Easier to do than the weld-on TA adjusters and cheaper too. Plus no effect on ride height. Me likey.

    Leave a comment:


  • kenika65
    replied
    So with racing dynamic springs I would want the 12 or 9 and guess they don't make 12 for street

    also for street would u want to keep rubber dif mount

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Subframe raising mounts have been available for a while in weld-in steel. Kit includes spacers to keep the diff in the same location as well as stud that makes fitting the diff much easier. A weld-in mount means there will be no movement at all of the subframe and no greasing needed. Fit once, forget forever. Such mounts have been available in aluminum too from other vendors too.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    i need these and the weld on camber/toe correctors

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    started a topic new AKG subframe-raising bushings

    new AKG subframe-raising bushings

    http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...ion%2FBushings

    AKG is now selling subframe bushings to raise the rear subframe either 9mm or 12mm. This will reduce negative camber and toe (which is what kills tires) on lowered cars and will move the roll center closer to stock. So far as I know, AKG is now the only company to offer these bushings in polyurethane so that they are actually relatively practical for street use. I don't have them yet, but I may be ordering some soon pending funds, heh
Working...