Raising the Subframe. Looking for 40mm 1.5 M12 studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising the Subframe. Looking for 40mm 1.5 M12 studs

Going to be raising the subframe 12mm with the AKG Ploy mounts (part #SF30D12). But they don't come with 12mm spacers to space the Diff down. Nor do they want to sell me spacers. They say it doesn't make a difference.

So I found some bronze spacers from McMaster-Carr that are 12mm. So I'm going to try them as spacers for the diff. I was wondering if anyone knew of another place that sell threaded rod. McMaster doesn't have M12x1.5 in thread rod. Was going to make 4 40mm studs for the diff and then put the spacers, raise the diff and use nuts on the top.

Going to take lots of pictures on the install. Might even make a DIY on it.

Thanks

www.fastenal.com has fully threaded studs in that size. Shortest length though is 60mm.

Why not just use a 40mm long bolt?

Comment

It's to align the diff to holes with studs.

We raised our subframe and didn't space the diff back down as it created crazy half shaft angles. with it raised the half shafts were almost straight.

Comment

Think someone sold off center differential bushings, am I wrong?

Comment

you can use the akg adustable aluminum diff bushing and leave the diff raised up

Comment

Just installed the bushings on the car yesterday. Driveshaft is rubbing on the body now. So going to have to lower the diff.

Comment

So i found 1/2 inch bearing sleeves at my local ACE hardware store. They work prefect to space the diff down, 1/2 a inch is 12.7mm.

I bought 40mm M12 x 1.5 tread pitch bolts from McMaster.com

Then installed them and now my drive shaft will spin freely.

Did an Alignment today and set the rear camber to 2.3 and toe to 0.

Comment

Working...
              X