Parking Brake Locked Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Brake Locked Up

so my cars been sitting since the beginning of August. not a really long time but it is outside. needs a new driveshaft and since ive been busy with work and school and havent had enough time to deal with it. well this weekend or the next im going to get around to getting it running again. today i was messing with it and i was planning on putting it in the garage when i noticed it wouldnt roll. i even tried pushing it with another car.

i lifted the rear end and tried to spin the wheels, the left one spun freely while the right one would only spin about half an inch before it would catch. as if the parking brake wasnt fully disengaged. is this something that will fix itself once the car is under its own power. or do you guys think theres more work involved
    Originally posted by Lof8
    Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

The odds are that you are going to have to find the cause of that an fix it.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I'm having the same issue as the OP. Car has been sitting for a bit and I've jacked the car up to get each wheel spinning freely since I couldn't move it trying to push it. Both driver's side wheels were fine, but the rear passenger side wheel feels locked. The parking brake is in the off position - could this still be the problem?

Thanks for any help with this.
      Greg

Comment

Working...
      X