Upgraded calipers for stock disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been told but never driven one

Been a bit harsh on the stock setup acutally. got the car runnign well enough for a quick slow drive and i think the pads have bedded in a bit and the pedal is quite nice. (converted from ljet to full ms2 (gm coilpack))

havent tested any medium or aggressive braking yet tho.
    Last edited by Gruelius; 02-11-2011, 11:47 PM.
    RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
    89' 318i

Comment

I'm going to agree with the other guys who have mentioned the 25mm MC. Sounds like that is exactly what you are after.

As for the Corrado rotors-- Why couldn't you just go to the dealer with the part number and order a set? Plenty of their parts come from the mainland anyway. We never got floating rotors like the E36 M3 Evo had in Europe, but there is no extra shipping charge for me to order those.

Comment

I'd probably design my own setup useing wilwood rotors. Use your rx-7 calipers and have a center hub made for the rotors. It might cost you a couple hundred bucks for the centers but the amount you'd save in the long run is well worth it. Replacement rotors for my new UUC kit are only $33 each. Much cheaper then getting corrado rotors shipped and bored out. And rx-7 sport pads are a lot cheaper then e30 pads.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Do the 25mm master cylinders work on non ABS cars?
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Request Corrado rotors from DBA. I have sent them a few messages regarding the demand for these rotors down under. I have shipped many brake kits to Australia and it would be great for you guys to have a reliable source for replacement rotors.

Comment

bit of a update

solved my issues by adding a threaded stop to the e30 brake pedal, pre compressing the pedal to take out all the slack. still a bit spongey but stops freakin quick when you shit yourself. i think my mc may be worn still so going to swap it out.

And i still dont fucken know what bugg brakes are >.<
              RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
              89' 318i

Comment

you put a bandaid on whatever the real problem is.

having had several race, auto-x and street e30's...the brake system is great stock and i have never had "mushy" pedal.

there is something wrong with your stock system. air in a line, air in the abs pump, bad MC, bad front wheel bearing, etc. get the threaded stop off there and fix the real problem.
                marshall
                75 M2
                87 325
                97 m3
                02 325it

Comment

Working...
                X