Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draining Brake Fluid

Hello friends,
    Today on my journey to Blockbuster i pressed my clutch down to shift gears, instead of my clutch doing what ever it is that it does it decided to stay all the way depressed without doing anything. I looked around and saw no fluid leaking out the bottom of the car like it did when i had to replace my clutch slave. I looked around under the steering coloumb (Sp? sorry) and could not find any fluid leaks either. I believe that those two checks are to see if my master or slave needs replacing. I topped off my brake fluid and gave my clutch a few pumps and after a while it felt like pressure was building up but as soon as i stopped for a second to let my arm rest the clutch returned to its pressure-less state. I have looked around on the internet and it seems like a popular thing to try is draining my brake fluid and then refilling it. That makes me wonder if I have some sort of leak in my line and weather or not this will be a reocurring problem. I have also heard it may have something to due with my bell housing. Could anyone tell me what to do to fix it for now, and also what to do to fix it forever? Thank you for your help!

If there are no leaks at the slave cylinder or lines, the clutch master cylinder is bad. Draining and refilling the brake and/or clutch system isn't going to help.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

If the master cylinder is good and there is no more air in the system, but the brakes still feel weak at the front? What could it be? What would you test? Where is this slave cylinder located? I can't seem to find it. Is it the same as the brake distribution valve that divides the brake pressure between front and rear?

Comment

Working...
      X