Mashed on brakes, now pedal goes to floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mashed on brakes, now pedal goes to floor

Some idiot this morning made a left turn from the oncoming direction, and I had to mash the brakes to avoid hitting him. Now the pedal goes to the floor, where I do receive some braking force still. However, there is no braking at all until the pedal is fully depressed. Clutch still works fine.

What does this sound like? Bad M/C?

Thanks
    -Joel

Sounds like a bad MC yup. Can you pump it up? to achieve full pedal? With the engine off.
    sigpic

Comment

It sounds like you may have burst a brake soft line and are now operating on one brake circuit. Check for brake fluid leaks and replace the burst line.

Comment

The pedal does pump back up when the car isn't on. Sagaris, I will check the lines and report back. Thanks.

Comment

Soft lines appear to be fine. There does seem to be some fluid leaking from the front of the diff. Are there brake lines that run above here? I can't get under my car right now to take a closer look.

There is no fluid leaking around the master cylinder that I can see, and the fluid level in the reservoir is normal.

Comment

There are (4) total soft lines in the rear, (2) which mount to the calipers , then another (2) in a retardedly difficult to get to area , here is a picture of one of them. for reference, that boxed mounting point is where the trailing arm mounts to on the rear subframe.

Comment

Looks like I will have to take this one in then. If only this happened when I was back home, I could try to get at it. Not going to happen in my apt. parking lot in 40 degree weather.

Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Working...
              X