odd no fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd no fluid?

Can anyone answer why i have no brake fluid going to my right rear caliper.

It is not that I have not bled it long enough, when you have someone step on the brake pedal inside it is hard you open the bleeder and nothing happens. The pedal stays firm inside, and no fluid even dribbles out the bleeder.

all other calipers work great.
    sigpic

sounds like you have a blockage in the system. how are you bleeding it? With the one person bleeder pump or the two man way, which is the best way.
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

two man way
      sigpic

Comment

Pull the brake line off the caliper and see if you have fluid there. Push the brake to see of it pushes it out. If it does, then you have a fouled caliper. If not, then you either have a pinched line, or its plugged up somewhere.

Can you relieve pressure at the left rear? Both are run off the same line. So if you cant get fluid from either side in back, you will have to trace it all the way up to the front.

My money says its just the caliper though.
        sigpic

Comment

ya fluid can come out of the drivers side aka left side but the right can not.

so if it is the caliper why does no fluid come out? all the fluid would still be going to the caliper the piston would just not move?
          sigpic

Comment

The bleeder could just be clogged. It happens. If the brake fluid hasn't been changed in a long time it can absorb moisture and cause rust in there. Not that it's likely to be rusted shut, but anything can happen. Remove the bleeder valve completely and see if that helps. Like already said it's going to be easiest to just remove the caliper. You haven't pulled the caliper off the carrier yet and tried to move the piston manually?

Comment

Working...
            X