Rear camber setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear camber setting

Heading to the Line-Up shop tomorrow to get my alignment dialed in with new tires, RTAB's, sub-frame bushings and the dungeon weld in kit.

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but what's a good rear camber setting for aggressive DD? How far past stock can you go before tread-life becomes a real issue, any ideas? Would like my tires to last, but with the heavy M30 need some help cornering as well. In the end though, I guess tread-wear is most important.
    Last edited by wannaBMthree; 06-13-2011, 01:53 PM. Reason: IE3's W/Bilstein's

Fix the toe as best as possible and camber will barely be a concern. 2 degrees is a pretty good performance setting for the rear, although it really depends on the rest of your setup.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

I was gonna say, it is toe that kills tires, not camber so much.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
        I was gonna say, it is toe that kills tires, not camber so much.
        Great, Thanks. So the difference between -0-1* and -2* is enough to notice performance wise but not enough to make a huge difference on tire wear?

Lowered on IE'3 with Bilstein's and 205/45/16's

Comment

I'd suggest 2deg of camber and 1/16" total toe in.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

as for as how far you go before camber really eats tyres etc, i'd say -5 upwards.
            before then provided your align is otherwise sweet then you'll be right

Comment

Cheers Ant, that's what I was looking for

Comment

Working...
              X