CABs - Treehouse, Powerflex or M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CABs - Treehouse, Powerflex or M3?

Powerflex from Pelican Parts: $64.99 pair.

BMW OEM From Pelican (M3): $48.00 pair.

Treehouse CABs: $189.00 pair.

Two parts to my question, Are the Treehouse bushings really worth it < they look amazing.

Secondly, are the actual bushings for the M3 changing the offset or is it the bracket because there seems to be a universal fit for the brackets.

tanks a snot.
    ... Greased Monkey ...

I have the treehouse cabs and they are amazing. Really changed the feel of the car. The M3 bushing has an offset hole so the brackets are the same.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Treehouse cabs are also 24v swap exhaust friendly.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Marcos View Post
        Powerflex from Pelican Parts: $64.99 pair.

BMW OEM From Pelican (M3): $48.00 pair.

Treehouse CABs: $189.00 pair.

Two parts to my question, Are the Treehouse bushings really worth it < they look amazing.

Secondly, are the actual bushings for the M3 changing the offset or is it the bracket because there seems to be a universal fit for the brackets.

tanks a snot.
        this is a ques that may get many varying answers but my answer will be all you need....lol:

PF makes 2 kinds...offset and not offset.... so you need to know if you want more caster? Offset give you more caster..and do you want poly...it will give you more nvh but not much more, and will give a bit better response. Offset will give more hi speed stability.

Are the Treehouse worth it?.....well, they give more clearance when you have a 24v swap.....they offer amazing steering response....and they give more nvh.... if u
        r not into hi performance then skip them. The mere fact you are asking makes me think u prolly dont need them.

The PF may last longer than oe as well......

the offset is in the bushing not in the brkt.
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. With the Powerflex Poly Bushes do I need the special tool to install them into the bracket. It's my impression that I read somewhere, that in certain applications it isn't necessary.

More-so, how do I determine which sway bar I have (P-flex Poly Bushings here too)? Car is 89is coupe.

And furthermore, can I leave the upper part of my build till later? Struts, Strut Tower Spring Pad etc? I believe the struts stay intact during this procedure,
          ... Greased Monkey ...

Comment

What CAB's to use depends to a large degree on the use the car will see. For a daily driver that might see occasional track time I'd go with OE or OE offset for reduced NVH. For a pure (or mostly) track car, Delrin offset bushings
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X