please recommend me some bushings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please recommend me some bushings!

I've been looking over my options for the past few days and have not reached a conclusion, so I'm hoping someone can provide some advice based on their own experience. I am looking at rear subframe, differential mount, and trailing arm bushings. So far I've looked at Turner, AKG, Ireland Engineering, Ebay, and prices are all over with many options for material, so please help me make up my mind!
    -Doug

Ive used both akg and ireland, both have never dissapointed. Good luck!

Comment

Good to know, I may get this stuff ordered tonight!

I also forgot to mention I'm doing the adjustable camber and toe kit for the rear, for everything I want, the price is the same between IE and AKG.

Any other options?
      -Doug

Comment

Used AKG in the past and will continue to in the future.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          Used AKG in the past and will continue to in the future.
          Did you used the race or street stuff?
          -Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Smash9002 View Post
            While one can use race hardness bushings on a street car, there will be an increase in NVH. If the car is primarily a street car, the OE bushings or the softest poly bushings you can get will probably be the best choice.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

The harder ones.

If it's a street car, you can still use the poly engine mounts, but DO NOT use the poly transmission mounts. Thats where the big increase in NVH came from and that was even using Ground Control bearings in the CABs instead of poly.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going with delrin cabs, and I'm gonna use the race poly akg bushings in back. Also going to do the adjustable camber and toe weld in kit. I guess next will be camber/caster plates for the front. Any suggestions for those?
                -Doug

Comment

I use solid motor & trans mounts from VAC. love the extra noise. I also use bushings from Lencas Povilas. for the price they're great. derin diff bush, poly tabs, Ertalon cabs, Ertalon SFB's. i have heard nothing bad about akg or Ireland bushings, but my setup is relatively solid so I wasn't worried about road noise or vibrations.

Originally posted by Ryan...
                  It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

I work at IE and so.... I'm biased, but frankly it's whatever floats your boat. My 2 cents is don't be afraid to call the companies up.
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going with delrin cabs, and I'm gonna use the race poly akg bushings in back. Also going to do the adjustable camber and toe weld in kit. I guess next will be camber/caster plates for the front. Any suggestions for those?
                      Ground Control or Vorshlag are the only two I would use on my personal car, but other people have reported being happy with IE/KMAC, etc.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        Ground Control or Vorshlag are the only two I would use on my personal car, but other people have reported being happy with IE/KMAC, etc.
                        Right on. I'll look into those too. Good thing I'm not in a rush to get this stuff ordered.
                        -Doug

Comment

Working...
                        X