Tme to stop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tme to stop!

My rear brakes are sitting at about 3mm right now so I'm looking at a refresh. What does r3v recommend for a daily driven car with auto-cross/trackdays every 2-3 weeks? Car has a brand new master in it, and will soon have stainless lines.

Blunttech seems to have a good 4 wheel kit, but the pads it comes with are pretty shit I've been told. Any input??

Should I go for blank rotors? Slotted? Drilled?
    Hawk pads? Pagids?
    1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

I would go for basic blank rotors (dont get caught up in buying Brembo /Zimmermann just for the brand name) and Pagid pads. I am running Axxis XBG's and they just dont have enough cold bite for me. I will be switching to Pagids whenever I get around to it. I had Pagids on another car and they were great all around. I have also heard lots of good about Hawks

Comment

There is no good pad for street driving AND track days. You'll want a set of dedicated street pads (OE compound is good, but dusty) and a set of track pads. It only takes 10 minutes to change them out at the track.

Blank rotors are perfect.

Comment

Yes, get blanks. I had slotted, which was dumb. They are louder, dustier, and more expensive. I have blanks this time. I ran Axxis ULT which are fine for street and blew up on the track. Now I run Porterfield R4S. I love the R4S's but haven't done any type of racing with them yet.

If you are serious, then get two sets of pads.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Exactly what these guys have said. The Pro3 and Spec30 racing groups run Blanks. Blanks are cheap, and once you start throwing a hard track oriented pad at them, you will start burning through rotors, at which point you will be glad you aren't buying expensive blocks of metal.
          -------------------------------------------------
          1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
          2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Blanks it is, and I'll pick some semi-decent street pads for daily use. Thanks brosefs
            1990 332i, 4 door
            2008 KTM 990 Superduke
            2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
            2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
            2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
            X