just did fcabs and control arms :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just did fcabs and control arms :)

That job was a pita! the worst was getting to the lock nut under the headers. Whats the best way to get to the nut when I go to put it on tomorrow morning?

Short stubby and/or long extensions from top.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i did it from the top. with a short socket and a swivel on it
      Originally posted by Lof8
      Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

hmm... I tried this but had to resort to using a wrench as the socket/extensions went right next to the headers and were not on there straight... I will give it another shot in the morning. the same method worked great on the other side though.

Comment

Just short turns with a 22mm crescent wrench. Next time I do it I will make sure I get one that can ratchet.

Comment

I too did the 1/4 turn a million times with a box wrench. Instantly bought swivel head ratcheting ones the next day in case I need to do the project again. Its really tight in there with the m42 I didn't think it was feasible to get to the nut from the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              Short stubby and/or long extensions from top.
              Originally posted by lonestar22 View Post
              i did it from the top. with a short socket and a swivel on it
              If you've got an M20, A combination of those short stubby+swivel+long extensions from the top(+impact gun if your lazy)

Comment

i used a pivoting ratchet to get the top nut. also jacked up the motor from oil pan a bit because my headers made it extra difficult.
                the loli pop cab was a bitch. finally took it to a machine shop.

edit: also did mine from the bottom. top? how the hell do you get it when you have long tube headers in the way?

Comment

22mm ratcheting wrench made this job stupid easy, but a plain 22mm crescent will work as well.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

if you get really stuck, that entire sub-frame comes down in 4 bolts. then its stupid easy and much quicker to get that locking nut off. make sure you take the couple off of the steering rack also, and zip tie it up out of the way if you drop the sub frame.
                    FYI, all of these three's are the same.. works the same up to e46's...

Comment

Working...
                    X