Brake Rotor "knick"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Rotor "knick"

So I recently received my Brembo rear rotors, and upon opening them I find that the one has this large knick on the back of it. And the other is missing the set screw. lol

Either way... is this a big deal? I would guess it is between a mm or 2 deep. Im new to all this, and have never really held a brake rotor before..

I expected more from Brembo..
    Attached Files

If it doesn't stick out, it's fine.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

^
      but for something new, i would send that one back. somebody or something messed up and caused that. you paid for new rotors- not man handled ones
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I will I guess. I bought it from Blunt, he should take care of me.

Gotta get out and photograph it, then send pictures.

I hate returning shit, drives me nuts

Comment

yeah i feel ya. but dont let your self get rape'd. call him up(soon), explain clearly, send pics, and it should be resolved quickly.
          -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
          -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
          MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
          Got Drop?? ;-)
          Originally posted by JinormusJ
          But of course
          E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Yeah I will. I REALLY wanted Balo rear rotors, but currently they are hard to get and an extra $10 each.

I expected more from Brembo.

I really want to compare these to the front balos...

Comment

You could have just had the OE ones resurfaced for ~$15 each. Essentially brand new and high quality. That's assuming they were thick enough to be turned, however. We had eight for our track car... I brought them all in and they could only resurface two of them.

Comment

They were turned last year, and Im sure they arent OE.

We will see when we pull them. Nothing wrong with new, just is spendy.

But hey it is only money.. right??? lol

Comment

A small nick like that is such an insignificant mark that I think it would be a waste of time and money to return them.

If there is any abrasion above the surface then I'd consider returning it (i.e. something that would gouge the pad.)
                  ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                    A small nick like that is such an insignificant mark that I think it would be a waste of time and money to return them.

If there is any abrasion above the surface then I'd consider returning it (i.e. something that would gouge the pad.)
                    For real. Unless it's protruding and can damage the pad, I wouldn't bother with it. It's not going to affect performance at all.

Comment

Can't tell from pic, but if the nick is deep enough, that close to the edge of the rotor, it could cause a crack. Doesn't appear that deep, but why chance it...

Comment

Ill take more pics today.

Comment

Working...
                        X