• Show
Clear All

noiseee

Changed the front rotors and pads..

now theres a scraping noise that goes along with wheel speed

when brakes aren't applied.

When the brakes are applied the scraping sound

is constant until i stop.

Also the brakes don't work really well..

I was thinking they had to be broken in but starting to doubt it.

they've been installed like that for i would say 30-40miles

Any ideas??

325i

Take the wheels off and make sure everything is installed properly.
    sigpic
    Reich und Roll!

Comment

jack the car up and spin the wheels by hand. See if you can pin point whether its coming from one wheel are both. My guess is your dust shield on the back of the rotor was bent during your install. That would make the sound for sure and it would only go away when you stop. If you dont have good breaking power then Im guessing either you have air in your lines from being opened to the atmosphere or you ONLY installed pads and your rotors were glazed. You should at the very least get your rotors resurfaced when changing pads. But when new brembo blanks are like $25 a piece, I would just get those rather than paying $20 a rotor for a resurface.

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
        jack the car up and spin the wheels by hand. See if you can pin point whether its coming from one wheel are both. My guess is your dust shield on the back of the rotor was bent during your install. That would make the sound for sure and it would only go away when you stop. If you dont have good breaking power then Im guessing either you have air in your lines from being opened to the atmosphere or you ONLY installed pads and your rotors were glazed. You should at the very least get your rotors resurfaced when changing pads. But when new brembo blanks are like $25 a piece, I would just get those rather than paying $20 a rotor for a resurface.

Taylor
        yeah it was the back plate, bled the brakes too, now its fine thanks

325i

Comment

Working...
        X