Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online guide to installing weld-on subframe adjustments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online guide to installing weld-on subframe adjustments?

I bought the AKG subframe adjustment kit but it came with no instructions and nothing on their website. I don't want to dive into this blindly so I was wondering if anyone had made a guide to doing this? I spend way too much time here but have never seen one.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Here's the basic write-up....

Hope you didn't get the bent AKG brackets instead of the machined ones from IE or e30tech. While the bent ones are cheaper (and much cheaper to produce), they're tolerances cannot be as tight as the machined brackets and will wiggle out over time.

The whole reason IE starting making the machined brackets in the first place was that the bent brackets originally made by Dinan were never consistent, some too tight, others too loose.

This is one corner that never should have been cut, but if you've ended up with the bent ones just to be sure to check the alignment often.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Well shit I had no idea they were different. I think I may be able to tighten some down and open others up in order to tighten up the tolerances on some of them.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
        X