Siezed Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siezed Brakes

Make that Seized Brakes! Not sure if this goes in the 24vswap side or here in brakes but here goes.

24v swap, ix booster and MC. car is running great and has been on the road a few times...now all of a sudden all 4 brakes have seized. After sitting over night the brakes are no longer seized until I drive it and have to apply the brakes......seized again. Pedal is very stiff with almost no play without extreme force. All ideas welcome....brake job done about a year ago by a pro.
    Last edited by alpinescott; 11-11-2011, 04:53 PM.

adjust them... the ix booster link. Since it has to be modified if not done just right it will put pressure on the brakes.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I modified the ix booster by swapping shafts. took a 318is shaft and put it in the ix booster. Ever heard off this being done before? Did I just cause myself more heartache?

Comment

Any body know about the brake force regulator valve? Where located?

Comment

This will be the booster or the ABS unit. The bias valve could cause a problem with the rear brakes, but won't affect the front brakes.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

classic symptoms of "brake drag" . The rod has to be adjusted for more free play.

if youve been driving with this you will notice that your brakes will become progressively more applied, and your pedal will be very hard to press, as if there is no release of brake booster pressure. You can kiss your rotors and pads good bye since they will and have been super heated and hot spotted.
            my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

^^^you think I am stupid enough to continue driving the car with seized brakes? Rod is adjusted as far out, away from the firewall as possible. Is that the right direction to adjust it?

Comment

Bad Booster was the cause......525i touring booster with modified shaft length and MC and all is golden!

Comment

Working...
                X