No announcement yet.

Offset rear sub-frame and diff 12mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running a 12mm raised subframe on solid mounts, diff not spaced and solid ally adjustable differential mount, also have eccentric adjusters.

Personally my suspension and drive shaft is a ok, but also got solid engine mounts (m10) that are 6mm lower than stock

My car runs around 60/70mm lower in the rear and my half shafts are almost level with the ground. Ill snap some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
      I'm running a 12mm raised subframe on solid mounts, diff not spaced and solid ally adjustable differential mount, also have eccentric adjusters.

Personally my suspension and drive shaft is a ok, but also got solid engine mounts (m10) that are 6mm lower than stock

My car runs around 60/70mm lower in the rear and my half shafts are almost level with the ground. Ill snap some pics.
      How are your driveshaft u-joints?

Comment

^^^^
        I'm wondering the same thing. Just because "it works" doesn't mean something isn't right.

I feel like all you would need is the offset bushing to make everything work right but then you think of the fact that the diff moves with the subframe so that will indeed change the driveshaft angle.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Just installed my offset bushings, grabbed some longer bolts (m12x1.5, not sure on what length i used) and spaced the diff back down with washers (used SS washers), i cant see the washers being a problem.
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Yep. I've already got some new longer bolts and some stainless washers ready to go. My bushings should ne here today
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
            X