Another cab recommendation request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another cab recommendation request!

So after searching for last few days, I have narrowed down to a few ideas but need a little advice.
    I plan to replace my control arms w new lemforder, and M3 offset bushings. What I cant decide is to go with oem, or akg, or say "f-- it" and get lolipops from akg/ treehouse. I like the idea of lolipops because the bushing is already in the bracket so install appears it would be easier. Plus lifetime warranty. I understand they are a $100 more, but I dont have a press so I would need to pay a shop to replace the bushings.
    My only concern is akg site says for race use, and this is for my daily!
    Let me day my DAILY is far more extream for most because I am in industrial sales an drive all over and on some shady roads.
    Any ideas or recommendations thank you!
    I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

The M3 offset bushings would probably be the best choice on a street car. Anything harder is going too increase the NVH.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks^ I understand anytime you replace rubber with a poly NVH will increase. I rode hard tail bobbers for years so I can deal w harsh, but do you think the durability will offset? In other words I like the idea of doing the bushings once every 10 years verse every 5 years. Or whatever.

Comment

Solid delrin bushing might last ten years, but I think even that would be iffy. And it is a fair bet to say that the control arms won't last that long if the car sees 10k or more per year.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Good call. I didnt even take into account ball joint lifespan!!
          Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X