Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alignment still off...Rear toe? Rear Camber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment still off...Rear toe? Rear Camber?

Hi guys,

I recently replaced the RTAB on boths sides of my car, and it seems to have fixed the rear tire wear problem i was having with the passenger side, but the driver side is still jacked.

What else could it be? Bent arm or maybe sub frame? The inside of the rear driver side tire wears every 6000-8000 miles and i have to buy a new tire. Which at this point is actually still cheaper than buying one Bridgestone RE-11 for my IS F...but it's getting annoying and i would like it fixed...any ideas?

Thanks guys!

What are the alignment numbers for the rear wheels? With new RTAB's in place if the numbers are off you have a bent trailing arm or bad subframe bushings.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I actually haven't taken it to get an alignment. I heard that the rear end has zero adjustment so i figured new bushings will put it back into spec and there would be no need for an alignment because there wouldn't be anything they can adjust....

I bought the AKG poly RTAB. The old bushings were totally jacked when i took it out so i was happy to think these would fix it. And it has...one side. haha. Should i go look for a new trailing arm? I mean, what are the chances that the rear sub frame is bent?!

Comment

While there are no adjustments on a stock car except for front toe, a four wheel alignment will tell if there are bent parts in the suspension. Better to know what is off rather than blindly throwing parts at the problem while hoping for a favorable outcome.

Comment

Rear Left Camber = -1.8 (Spec -2.5 to -1.5)
          Rear Left Toe = -0.71 (Spec -0.07 to 0.43)

Rear Right Camber = -1.1 (Spec -2.5 to -1.5)
          Rear Right Toe = -0.75 (Spec -0.07 to 0.43)

Rear Cross Camber = -0.7 (Spec -0.5 to 0.5)
          Rear Total Toe = -1.45 (Spec 0.25 to 0.4)

these are the measurements i had BEFORE i replaced the RTAB. I posted these numbers up and a few members said RTAB needs to be replaced and a few people seconded these suggestions.

Comment

The question is what the numbers are now.

Comment

Working...
            X