Squishy brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squishy brakes

So the brakes on the vert are weird. Sometimes they have a nice positive feel, others it goes all the way to the floor. It slows down, just not well. If its going all the way to the floor, I can pull my foot off and press again and it'll be fine. Fluid seems very clean, new almost. No leaks on driveway. Is it possible they changed fluid and there is an air bubble in there? Anything I should check?

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

yea bleed em' suckas and try again

Comment

Air in the system would always result in a soft pedal. But a failing master cylinder can (initially) result in occasional problems. Replace the master cylinder, flush the system, and see how it then behaves.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

bleed them hella times

Comment

its every time i drive... if i lift off then push again (pumping essentially) they brake fine

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Flush the brake system and then see if the situation has improved. Also check to see if the pads are worn to less than 1/4" and replace them and the rotors if that is the case.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Master.
              This happened to me, tried bleeding it. Then found out the rears weren't working at all.

Try bleeding first. If you can't pull any fluid out of the rears, or it doesn't improve. Replace the master cylinder..

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
              X