Brake Overhaul Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Overhaul Question?

im going to be rebuilding and painting my calipers, SS brake lines, New Super blue Fluid, shop around for pads (any good ones for sporty DD?) and wear sensors.

but should i Just turn my rotors or buy new ones? it looks like they are not warped or cracked and have never been turned, just a little uneven groove wear, nothing horrible. So to buy or turn... that is the question>

Go all new. Porterfield pads luv em
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

porterfield or performance friction pads are my fav. i'd get drilled/slotted/ or drilled and slotted rotors. why not since your replacing practically everything.
      Originally posted by evandael
      a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Plain rotors are as good as it gets in terms of brake performance. Even slots reduce the area swept by the pads slightly, thus reducing performance. The only reason to use slotted rotors would be for gas release, which typically isn't a problem with modern pads.

You pretty much can't turn BMW rotors without taking them below minimum thickness.

In my experience, there is little to no gain from SS lines (other than looks). And I've seen enough failures of SS lines that I no longer use them on a race car.
        Last edited by jlevie; 09-12-2012, 02:08 PM.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i was thinking of the SS lines from Guten parts? seems pretty good quality to me and seems like would help with longevity:?:

Thanks for info on rotors ill just get them new just solid never saw any reason to reduce Surface area for looks

ill look into those pads for sure:up:

Comment

I am a huge fan of SS lines, better Pedal feel, safer. Just be sure to get a Good quality set. Dont buy ebay shit.

they are used in nearly all sanctioning bodies of racing.

Comment

Working...
            X