Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake booster and Brake master issues, no air in front brake lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake booster and Brake master issues, no air in front brake lines.

So my brake pedal has been recently feeling soft with full stopping power once the pedal hit the floor. One day the pedal started to get real stiff and I noticed it was doing a poor job stopping the car. Also as I press the pedal I noticed a hissing sound coming from the brake and my idle would get real bad.

I went ahead and attempted to change the master, ordered one from autozone they gave me a master with 3 holes (Non abs I'm assuming). I plugged the extra hole and continued the install. I bleed the rear brake calipers fine, but once I got to the front I could not get any fluid to come out from either side of the front brakes.

Now as I read more into the issue from what I understand the hissing brake pedal is likely to be a bad brake booster. Would that also cause no fluid to go to the front brake lines? Could it be the non abs master causing the issue, or is due to the bad brake booster? I'm a total noob when it comes to brake hydroponic systems, so I figured it was worthy of a thread.

Oh and Happy new year.
    :stupid:

You have the wrong master cylinder, and it sounds like you have a bad brake booster. Get new parts for both that are correct. Your dealer can provide those.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X