what brake combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what brake combo?

hey guys i want to change my pads and discs but i don't know what brand to go to. i want at least ebc pads, i drive the car on the street it's my dd but i race it a bit with lot of brake use. what colour ebc pads should i get and what rotors? a lot of people here use zimmermann slotted and perforated but i heard a story from a mechanic that after descending trasfagarasean road the rotors showed small cracks near the holes. ebc rotors are too expensive for my budget. what should i go with?

Use plain OE type rotors, it doesn't get any better than that. I'd use StopTech Street Performance pads for a mostly daily driver.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Stock rotors are fine. Spec e30 guys run the cheapest rotors money can buy and they last just fine.

As for pads... Bottom line run a dedicated set of street pads for your dd and swap em for the track.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

ditto what everyone else has said. I run the cheapest I can find, typically OP Parts, on my PRO3 car without any issues. Even up to 1300F they work just fine.

Comment

Did not expect that answer:) what about pads?

Comment

Originally posted by seatown88 View Post
            ditto what everyone else has said. I run the cheapest I can find, typically OP Parts, on my PRO3 car without any issues. Even up to 1300F they work just fine.
            do you have a brake temp sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveshaorma View Post
              Did not expect that answer:) what about pads?
              I have no direct experience with EBC pads, and I don't know what is readily available in Romania, however I would look into Stoptech Street Performance pads, some Hawk, or if EBC is the best option either green or red depending on how much performance driving you actually do versus dding.

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
              do you have a brake temp sensor?
              Nah, I use temperature indicating paint on the OD of the rotor. Just as effective and less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                Use plain OE type rotors, it doesn't get any better than that. I'd use StopTech Street Performance pads for a mostly daily driver.
                This is the exact setup I'll be using when I do my brakes, after asking here and doing my own research.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                X