What pads to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pads to get

I am going to be getting new rotors and pads all around and im curious what pads to get. I hear a lot of good things about Cool Carbon can anyone elaborate on this. If you have used cool carbon and dose this product actually do what it says it dose. I Have seen testimonials state that the pads and slotted rotors work much better than a Stoptech BBK. I am not looking for a BBK so do not suggest one.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

What is your primary usage for the car?

Comment

id say aggressive street i suppose but to be honest i really just want really responsive brakes.

sigpic

Comment

Always ultra with wings

Comment

Originally posted by kmarei View Post
          Always ultra with wings
          what?

sigpic

Comment

sigh, click here...
            Originally posted by unloadedak
            It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Look into Hawk or Stoptech street performance pads. They make great high performance/street pads that would give you great street responsiveness and handle the spirited abuse.

From what I gather, Cool Carbon pads are more of a race pad. Race pads typically take significant heat to become as responsive as you would most likely desire. It takes me a solid 2 or 3 hard brake applications before my pads(porterfield) start becoming responsive enough for comfort. There are several other factors that lead me to recommend a street/high performance pad instead of a race pad such as price, rotor wear, and noise.

Comment

I'll second the recommendation for Hawk HPS or Stoptech Street Performance Pads for a car that won't see track time. Oh yeah, plain OE type rotors ares as good as it gets.
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
                X