Time for Subframe Bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for Subframe Bushings?

New to E30s and the site, but not new to forums and cars. Anyway, I bought my 87 325es a week ago and it needs a couple things fixed. I'm getting a clunk from the rear end under acceleration and deceleration. It is coming from the right sight and gets real loud when you unload the right side i.e. turn right.
    Not sure if the pic helps but just wanted everyone's opinion on if it is the SF bushings or if I need to look elsewhere.
    Thanks in advance!

New to E30s and the site, but not new to forums and cars. Anyway, I bought my 87 325es a week ago and it needs a couple things fixed. I'm getting a clunk from the rear end under acceleration and deceleration. It is coming from the right sight and gets real loud when you unload the right side i.e. turn right.
    Not sure if the pic helps but just wanted everyone's opinion on if it is the SF bushings or if I need to look elsewhere.
    Thanks in advance!

Go to revshift.com great bushing kits.

Comment

Go to revshift.com great bushing kits.[/quote]

Comment

could be axle with the clunk.

trailing arm bushings look a little dry and old.

If your going to change out the subframe bushings do the trailing arm and diff bushings at same time. Might even throw some stainless rear brake lines on there too.Seeing that its all got to come down.
        my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

nice first post,
          could be differential

Comment

Originally posted by sweet6e30 View Post
            could be axle with the clunk.

trailing arm bushings look a little dry and old.

If your going to change out the subframe bushings do the trailing arm and diff bushings at same time. Might even throw some stainless rear brake lines on there too.Seeing that its all got to come down.
            I thought axle as well but when turning the noise get louder as the weight comes off and quieter as the weight presses down. I'm not going to rule the axles out though.

If I drop the subframe I'll change everything while I'm in there, only problem is the car is a daily and I don't ever have more than 1 day off at a time :(

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
              nice first post,
              could be differential
              Diff feels tight and doesn't make any noise. I can open it up though, is there anything to look for that would be the cause of the noise?

Comment

Working...
              X