Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear subframe riser bushings- offset diff bushing or spacer kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear subframe riser bushings- offset diff bushing or spacer kit?

When using rear subframe bushings that raise the subframe up to correct alignment changes from lowering the car, what's the best solution to keep the diff oriented how it should be? AKG uses an offset diff bushing, but I believe it's revshift that uses studs and spacers to keep the diff lower. Does anyone have an opinion on which is preferable?

I feel like the studs would make it easier to mount the diff and they seem like the best way to keep the diff where it should be and avoid it clunking around if the subframe is moved and it isn't.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

The spacers seem to be a better idea in my opinion as they preserve the drive shaft and half shaft geometry.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

spacer's all the way no doubt.

Offset diff bushings will leave you with a straight diff but you will still have different geometry with the drive shaft and half shafts, spacers solve all your problems.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, but sometimes things that make sense in my head aren't how they really work. Thanks, guys.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

There's no way to get around using spacers if you want to keep your pinion angle the same, which you do. Some people say you have to use an offset diff bushing too, but not in my experience.
          -Alex

Comment

Working...
          X