Rear Toe Camber Correction Kit troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Toe Camber Correction Kit troubles

So I am under the impression that the inside trailing arm brackets need to be welded so the slots are vertical to be able to adjust camber and the outside trailing arm brackets need to be welded so the slots are horizontal to be able to adjust toe.

I got the kit in last week and so I dropped off the subframe and the correction kit at the mechanic and he welded both inside and outside brackets so that the slots were all horizontal.

Are they supposed to be all horizontal?

No. Dude fucked up. Also, make sure they are slots cut into the subframe, not big circles drilled out.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

damn..

Comment

Dude that sux.....If you were closer I'd totally help you out.
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

^ hOW?

Could you elaborate so that I can maybe tell my mechanic how you'd help me out at this situation?
          I really don't want to shell out another $200 for subframe and correction kit...

Comment

Well there is no way to fix it unless you actually buy a new one of cut them off and redo.

Comment

mechanic said he may be able to get really thin cutting wheel and cut the welds and then re-weld...

Comment

check out this install: http://e30m3project.com/e30m3perform..._sub/index.htm

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kkamakasi View Post
                  mechanic said he may be able to get really thin cutting wheel and cut the welds and then re-weld...
                  This ^^^

I am a fabricator, I made a living for years being an expert with a grinder. One suggestion, don't take it to a mechanic.....find a welding shop.
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                    This ^^^

I am a fabricator, I made a living for years being an expert with a grinder. One suggestion, don't take it to a mechanic.....find a welding shop.
                    You mean, I should go to my mechanic and get the messed up subframe and then take it to a welding shop to get it fixed?

Or do you mean in retrospect I should have taken it to a welding shop from the get-go?

Also, the car is on lowering springs right now on bilstein sport dampers. But I dont like the lowered look so I am going to getting a set of stock springs. If that is the case, did I really need this toe/camber correction kit?

Comment

You don't need camber/toe correction when using stock springs.
                      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                        You don't need camber/toe correction when using stock springs.
                        that's what i thought. thanks..

I'm just gonna say f it..
                        I'm out $100 for the correction kit + a subframe (which I got for free..) but oh well..

Comment

Post it cheap, someone will want it.
                          90 325i DD/Track
                          03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
                          It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

I'd make a go at fixing and using it. Which camber toe kit did you start with?

Comment

It would take some serious work to fix this subframe. More than just cutting off the adjusters and welding new ones on in the correct orientation. The extra slotting will leave about noting for the RTAB sleeve to bear against. Which means that it will turn and wear. The vertical slots would have to be filled somehow.
                              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
                              X