subframe not going back in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subframe not going back in

I cannot for the life of me get the second subframe bushing+bolt to line up properly! Do you guys have any tricks? the bolt just binds up, can't seem to get anything to come out straight.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
    If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Start a nut on the subframe bolts to protect the threads and drive the bolts up. They are held in by a knurled end. Then lift the subframe into position and drive the bolts back down to engage the knurled section.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

the getting the bolts back in is the part that's got me stuck. I'll be back at it tomorrow.. sucks that it's in a vert, can't get a good angle to hammer it down into the bushing.
      sigpic
      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I like to pull out the deadening material in the car and hammer out the stud. Then you put the subframe in and drop the studs from the top.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
          Then you put the subframe in and drop the studs from the top.
          yeah that's where it's stuck! lol

i wonder if the lift i'm using isn't level and the body is tweaked up
          sigpic

Comment

eh. it never goes in easy. Sometimes it just snags no the lip. Hammer that bitch!

Comment

finally got it. yeesh.

subframe riser bushings: not really sure how much they helped, still quite a damn bit of neg camber.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X