Suggestions for low dust pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for low dust pads

Im gonna be doing rotors and pads soon and im really sick of my nice shiny RS's turning filthy back in less than a week:?

Anyone got any opinions on which pads offer the least dust, they dont have to be performance pads as its only a DD. i realise its inevitable but worth a shot to keep my wheels cleaner for abit longer
    sigpic
    Delphin '87 325i Vert

Ceramic pads from companies like Akebono or Hawk will dust less, but they also offer less cold bite and can squeak. I get that cleaning wheels can suck, but not stopping sucks a lot more in my opinion.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

+1 to ELVA164's words. The way to get less dust is to use a harder pad, which means less stopping power. The other side affect of that is that it is pretty easy to overheat the pads since they can't shed the heat as dust, even on the street. If the car is brought to a stop while the pads are overheated, they'll leave deposits on the rotors an cause vibration when the brakes are used.

That said, most high performance street pads will make somewhat less dust than OE type pads. As a bonus you get greater brake performance.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Cheers for the knowledge guys, sounds like ill just get some good performance pads might be the go, and no i dont think id ever be sacrificing braking performance for less dust either ;)
        sigpic
        Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

Originally posted by XW70 View Post
          Cheers for the knowledge guys, sounds like ill just get some good performance pads might be the go, and no i dont think id ever be sacrificing braking performance for less dust either ;)
          Don't know if you bought something yet or not, but the best all-around pads I've found are StopTech Street Performance pads. I'll be getting a set of them soon when I do a brake overhaul.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
          X