Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX7 brakes with XXR wheels

Hi Everyone,

I've tried searching for this specific setup, but can't find anything.

Anyone running the rx7 brake conversion with XXR 513 wheels? I've seen fitment confirmations on other XXR wheels - but - not on the 513's.

Mine are 16x8, 0 offset.

Feedback is greatly appreciated! :D

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

XXR 527 16x8.25 et0 3mm spacer used

That is a thread used for Rx7 wheel fitment, quick google search found it.
    The 513 has a 3.5" lip, my guess on back spacing is about 4" giving the wheel face .5"

With the 527 xxr they have a TON of concave to allow caliper clearance from wheel rotation. That one uses a 3mm spacer to clear, my thoughts are that you will encounter alot of needed spacer to clear the caliper.
    With an already flush fitting offset you will look moronic trying to fit these. Mexipoke...

Guessing from the "mine are 16x8, 0et" is that you own the wheels already. So get some backspacing measurements to help us help you. Backspacing is key and xxr wheels are a budget wheel that really does not have info up.
    With my thought out guess at the backspacing...you will need to stick with stock brakes or go with a UUC BBK or a massive brakes street kit. OR sell the wheels and fit something better suited.
    Last edited by F34R; 04-25-2013, 09:38 PM.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Yes, I've seen that site before, but they didn't mention anything about the 513 wheels. The reason I'm looking into the rx7 brakes is that they're cheap - and - I had to do a booster delete... so any extra braking force will be needed in the future.

Also, I suppose you're right... the 513's weren't exactly made with clearance in mind. I guess I'll have to look for a different set of wheels.

Comment

Working...
      X