• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Arms

Is this junk? What should i go for?
    Thanks ahead of time
    customobsessions.com

everyones gonna say go for lemfroder, ask them what they are selling, probably meyle cause theyre cheaper
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

seems alright to me, but im a cheap bastard, and press bushings, and ball joints myself. chaper- but that there seems like a good price for all that.

Comment

FCP Groton seems to a reputable seller, located in Florida. The parts are made by HT Germany, but I have read on other forums that the parts are actually manufactuered in Asia and India. I came very close to pulling the trigger but ended up buying Lemfoerder parts from ArizonaAuto. I spent more, but I will not be redoing this job anytime soon.

Search bfc.com for FCP Groton or ebay control arms. The guys in the 5 series forum did not have very good feedback, there were several posts about boots tearing after a year and replacing ball joints after a year or so as well.

If you plan on keeping the car, I'd use the better quality stuff.

Comment

I recently bought this exact kit for my M3. No miles on the setup as of yet as I am doing other work on the car and it cannot be driven. I tried to do some searching on these parts but could not find much, but what I did find was positive.

One thing I did notice-it was MUCH harder getting everything reinstalled on my car-hard to explain, but trying to get the tie rod and outer ball joint on the control arm to meet up properly with the strut assembly was very tough. I have replaced the suspensions on a number of BMW's in the past few years, and none were this tough to get in place. Whether this is due to these parts I don't know as of yet, but I did manage to get it all together-but it took some serious coaxing to make it happen.

We will see in a year if I made a mistake or not-but for the price it was hard to turn down.
          Eric Giles
          '20 M2 CS
          '04 M3
          '11 X5 35D
          '87 325is
          '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

I bought from FCP Groton, but got Lemforder stuff.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
              I bought from FCP Groton, but got Lemforder stuff.
              Interesting. I emailed him recently and he stated that he doesn't carry Lemforder parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospec
                Interesting. I emailed him recently and he stated that he doesn't carry Lemforder parts.
                This was about a year ago.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

bringing the thread back....

how have the HT Geramny parts been so far for those of you who had them installed??

Comment

I've heard that lemfoerder control arms use meyle parts. If this is true, wouldn't meyle control arms be just as good as the lemfoerders?
                    Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

FCP is in conneticut (sp?) They have good stuff. I have bought control arms and other things from them. Good guys too.
                      Originally posted by cabriodster87
                      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                      Originally posted by Kershaw
                      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikesJo View Post
                        I've heard that lemfoerder control arms use meyle parts. If this is true, wouldn't meyle control arms be just as good as the lemfoerders?
                        Not true at all.

Lemfoerder has no relation to Meyle.
                        Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

hey, my lemfoerder's survived a bad wreck and are unbent....despite what i had thought before taking a close look at them.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
                          X