Odd rear end sway after 12mm subframe bushings upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd rear end sway after 12mm subframe bushings upgrade

So a little background. Here is the suspension I was running before swapping over to Condor Speed Shop raised 12mm subframe bushings and their trailing arm bushings.

-Decent tires
    -JOM Springs in the rear with no adjusters
    -JOM shocks, not blown as far as I know
    -Decent sway bar end links.

I swapped over to the Condor stuff and now I have this odd feeling as though the rear of my car isn't really connected anymore. It sways a bit over 60. As a result of this I check that everything was tight including my wheels and they were. I also checked my rear wheel bearings and they appear to be fine.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
    1992 318ic

Check the alignment of the rear wheels. Camber, and to a lesser degree toe, errors will result in odd handling.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      Check the alignment of the rear wheels. Camber, and to a lesser degree toe, errors will result in odd handling.
      What he said.

Comment

So quick update. I just drove it on a 600 mile road trip and it seems to have gone away. I'm not sure why the first 100 miles didn't fix it. Not sure whats up but whatever.
        1992 318ic

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          Wrong,camber won't steer the rear around like toe out will.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeinatedsoap View Post
            So quick update. I just drove it on a 600 mile road trip and it seems to have gone away. I'm not sure why the first 100 miles didn't fix it. Not sure whats up but whatever.
            huh.

You have any funky tire wear? maybe the first 100 miles wasn't enough to burn off that angle in your tire?

Or something just wasn't seated? have you rechecked the rear subframe bolts?

Comment

Working...
            X