ABS Lines help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Lines help

i think this is a good place to post this..

so i have gotten rid of my abs module and i am left with the lines, what i need help with is how to route them in to the MC? i know you have to block one of the holes off but which one? and what 2 holes go to the front and what hole goes to the rears?
    - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
    @vaughnbannister on IG

See Post # 19: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=delete&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
      that kit does not get rid of the lines, just caps them off.
      @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Well it doesn't actually cap them off, it connects them together so you brakes still work. If you want to eliminate the lines going up the where the ABS pump used to be you have to buy some brake lines and a splitter like the one on the rear brake lines mounted near the diff. You need to:

1) Connect a new short line to the front port on the MC and connect the other end to the new splitter.
        2) From the splitter run new lines to both front calipers.
        3) Connect a new short line to the rear port of the MC and connect the other end to the rear brake attenuator located on the right fender below the booster.

I've been told its difficult to make good bubble flares with a hand tool so I bought several lengths of pre-made line from Autozone. Get PAEX-3zz line where the zz is the length in inches: an 8" long piece would be PAEX-308, a 20" long piece would be PAEX-320, etc.

Comment

Well it doesn't actually cap them off, it connects them together so you brakes still work. If you want to eliminate the lines going up the where the ABS pump used to be you have to buy some brake lines and a splitter like the one on the rear brake lines mounted near the diff. You need to:

1) Connect a new short line to the front port on the MC and connect the other end to the new splitter.
          2) From the splitter run new lines to both front calipers.
          3) Connect a new short line to the rear port of the MC and connect the other end to the rear brake attenuator located on the right fender below the booster.

I've been told its difficult to make good bubble flares with a hand tool so I bought several lengths of pre-made line from Autozone. Get PAEX-3zz line where the zz is the length in inches: an 8" long piece would be PAEX-308, a 20" long piece would be PAEX-320, etc.
          isnt there 3 holes on the MC? do you just block the last hole off?
          and thank you this actually helps.
          @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

The ABS MC has 2 holes, the non-ABS MC has 3. If yours has 3 one goes to the left front, one to the right front and one to the rear attenuator and you don't need the additional splitter.

Comment

The ABS MC has 2 holes, the non-ABS MC has 3. If yours has 3 one goes to the left front, one to the right front and one to the rear attenuator and you don't need the additional splitter.
              what about the think that is under the master? should i just get rid of that?
              @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

No - that's the attenuator/regulator that reduces the pressure to the rear brakes so that you get less braking on the rear than the front. This keeps the rears from locking up prematurely. All the E30s have it, both ABS and non-ABS.

Comment

No - that's the attenuator/regulator that reduces the pressure to the rear brakes so that you get less braking on the rear than the front. This keeps the rears from locking up prematurely. All the E30s have it, both ABS and non-ABS.
                  so how do i connect it all together with that in too?
                  @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

See step #3 in my post. Or maybe we are not talking about the same thing - I'm talking about #5 in http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E3...ake_pipe_rear/

Comment

See step #3 in my post. Or maybe we are not talking about the same thing - I'm talking about #5 in http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E3...ake_pipe_rear/
                      no im pretty sure im talking about #7, i dont think i have that pressure regulator
                      @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

I can't tell what #7 (and #8) is but it looks like they've been replaced by #3. I would leave them in the system. Just connect the brake line coming out of the MC rear port to the top of #7.

Comment

Working...
                        X