Rx-7 brakes, anyone still do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rx-7 brakes, anyone still do this?

Hey guys. A few years back I bought a set of calipers off an rx-7 at the junk yard I think for $7.50 each... Anyways, my car will run someday soon and I still kind of have my heart set on running them. Does anyone still sell the retrofit plates and fittings? I don't have access to a machine shop so I'm up the creek a ways

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
    sigpic<< wrecked

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

FYI, I believe the pad surface area of rx7 brakes is actually smaller than our pads...

Comment

The rx7 "kit" is a huge improvement over stock, and greatly reduces unsprung weight.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
      HSAX Instructor

Comment

Thanks for the link. I contacted him.

Are there measurements online on the size of the two pads?

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
        sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Not that I know of - I was told this in person by procrastination and he's one of the smartest bastards I know...

I'm saving up for a real BBK. There's nothing quite like spending the value of your car on brakes, now is there? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Red88 View Post
            Thanks for the link. I contacted him.
            Did you hear back from him? I haven't heard anything back yet from him to order parts

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
              FYI, I believe the pad surface area of rx7 brakes is actually smaller than our pads...

And that matters why? Area is not a factor in brake force calculations...

To OP. I did it was a great improvement would do again.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X