Turner Brake Overhaul Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner Brake Overhaul Kit

I need new pads and rotors for my 91 318i and saw that Turner Motorsports had a full overhaul kit. I was wondering what people's opinions were on this kit and if they had any recommendations for new pads & rotors.

I daily the car and do some spirited driving, but I don't have any autox or track time planned.

Thanks in advance

I got it for my m3, the axxis pads are legit, go with solid rotors for street driving, make sur eyou get the caliper rebuild kit and while youre in there replace the guides with the copper ones the offer

Comment

Stock Brembo blanks are as good as any and cheap. Lots of info here on pads, just search.

I've noticed most of the time that "kits" like this tend to be higher priced than just buying the individual components from various places. You tend to pay for it being a kit and not having to piece it together yourself.

Comment

make sure you replace your bleeder screws also

Comment

This may be a stupid question, but can the 318i's caliper accept a vented rotors? I read on the e30zone wiki that they cant, but elsewhere I'm seeing that I can.

For reference, I'm looking at getting vented Power Stop rotors, here: http://www.jcwhitney.com/powerstop-p...7213y1991g2j1#

and here's where e30zone says it won't match up: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...p/Brakes#Discs

Just wanted to double check before ordering them, Thanks in advance

Comment

the width is what matter, unless your tracking the car and driving it hard ALL THE TIME vented rotors are not a good investment

Comment

318 does accept vented, i have vented on all my cars like a bawse. I STOP ON DIMES AND FOR DIMES
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Only early model 318's used solid rotors. Since you have a 91, you wanted vented rotors.

Comment

Shit I'm thinking slotted, sorry OP

Comment

I ordered their front and rear kit when I redid my brakes. Came with nice Zimmerman blanks and Axxis pads. So far so good! I didn't do the copper guides like oliver.r mentioned, but I'm probably going to go back in and take care of that over the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gertech View Post
                      I ordered their front and rear kit when I redid my brakes. Came with nice Zimmerman blanks and Axxis pads. So far so good! I didn't do the copper guides like oliver.r mentioned, but I'm probably going to go back in and take care of that over the winter.
                      Brass guides, but whatever. They really do feel better, due to my shitty wierd master cylinder and brake caliper combination I had pretty soft feeling brakes until I installed them on the front of the car. Just be aware that you have to lube them up occasionally.

Inb4 lube joke.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Brass...yeah that's what I meant. Does your car have ATE front calipers? Mine has Girling...do they work for them or just ATE? I'll definitely be getting them for the rear but I'm still not sure about the front.

Do you use regular brake grease for lube?

Comment

That kit is vented front and solid rear. Just in case you didn't notice...

I am also interested in putting vented rotors on my e30 do they just bolt up without any issues if I have solid rotors now?

Comment

Originally posted by Gertech View Post
                            Brass...yeah that's what I meant. Does your car have ATE front calipers? Mine has Girling...do they work for them or just ATE? I'll definitely be getting them for the rear but I'm still not sure about the front.

Do you use regular brake grease for lube?

I have Girling's as well and I didnt check the fitment before ordering apparently they don't fit Girling Calipers :(
                            '91 318is w/ M50B25TU

Comment

Originally posted by 85bim View Post
                              That kit is vented front and solid rear. Just in case you didn't notice...

I am also interested in putting vented rotors on my e30 do they just bolt up without any issues if I have solid rotors now?
                              If you're still wondering...

If you have an early 318i with m10 you'll have solid fronts and rears but if you want vented fronts you need the calipers from a 325 or later 318i/is and the rotors. They bolt up to the smaller diameter strut housings.
                              For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                              Originally posted by mbonanni
                              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
                              X