Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC FCABs...backwards?

I think I'm losing my mind.

What started as a simple front suspension job turned into replacing the steering rack, snapping a bolt off in the sub frame, and not being able to get my front CVs apart to replace the boots (its an iX).

After getting the new rack on the subframe, getting the subframe and rack in the car and the steering linkage all hooked up, I was finally back to installing my new UUC poly offset FCABs (I got them pre-pressed into the lollipop).

I think the red bushing piece was pressed into the lollipop backwards, as it has an indent where the black part that fits on the control arm is supposed to go, but when mounted to the car the indent is facing the back of the car and not the control arm.

It is tough to see, but here you can see that the wrong part of the bushing in the lollipop is facing forwards.

This is how it should go:

But here you can see that the lollipop is backwards and can't mount to the car.

In this picture you can see the lollipop and red bushing in the right orientation, but with no indentation for the shoulder on the black bushing that is on the control arm to go into.

Both lollipops are like this, though I just took photos of the drivers side.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems crazy that UUC would mess this up. Any help is appreciated.

Yup

Just spoke to UUC. Apparently they had a new guy on the floor and he pressed in a few backwards. Not an awesome thing to happen, but they are taking care of it like champs. My new bushings are on the way with a UPS return label to return the backwards ones.

UUC comes through with the customer service, though I wish things had been done right the first time.

Comment

Why delgate such a simple task to others....those that fail to train are only training for failure;)
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmw View Post
        Why delgate such a simple task to others....those that fail to train are only training for failure;)
        That's helpful not at all.

Comment

I think what he means is why send them back? Just press the bushings out yourself and press them back in.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
            I think what he means is why send them back? Just press the bushings out yourself and press them back in.
            If I had wanted the fun time of pressing the new bushing into the lollipop I would have ordered them loose and saved a couple bucks. It wasn't worth my time and frustration, and still isn't.

UUC will have them here before I will have a chance to work on the car regardless, all at no cost to me and with no effort.

Comment

Working...
            X