EBC Green stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBC Green stuff

Anyone have any experience with these? I just bought a set of brembo slotted fronts, since my ate's are warped to shit, and i want a good street/sport pad to go with them. I was also thinking along the lines of hawk. If anyone has experience with these i would appreciate a response.

-Niles

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

EBC green aren't that great. A lot of people are happy with them due to low dust..

Though if you want something that stops well, go with Hawk HPS. They will cause dust and a bit of noise but will work well. With any pad, heat is always a plus. Meaning having the pad up to normal temp, is always a good thing.

Comment

I have had green stuff on all 4 corners for about 20,000 miles.

I agree that they emit low dust and perform decent but I have had
      problems with them squeaking.

I installed them with factory rotors, and I am a dealer tech so you know I
      installed them correctly but they still squeek.

I would definetly try the hawks, I was going to install them but they were
      out of stock.

You should try the hawks and let me know how they work out for you.

Comment

Do you guys have problems with EBC pads wearing out too quick? My friend had a '99 accord before his M3 and he went through those pads faster than anything i've ever seen. He definately got nowhere near 20K miles. I'm thinking around 15K max. He drove the car as hard as you could possibly drive an accord... but still.
        Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
        '99 M3 / Track Car
        '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
        '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

My GreenStuffs have lasted for 2+ years now, and are nearing the end, yet still make no noise. They are getting a bit weak, but at their prime, they're one hell of a pad. I love the low dust factor, and I'm going to be experimented with RedStuffs next time, even though I love the Greens.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, i think i might give them a try.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige
              Thanks for all the feedback, i think i might give them a try.

No!!! Thay are crapp, trust me!

I had them in the front ( bought fron an drear but just installed the front since the rear pads were ok in that moment) and the damn thing couldn't stop well in cold, it had to warm up abit, even after the warm up it couldn't stop very good, the brake pedal didn't feel solid like my previous cheap Ate pads....and the worst part, they chirped like shit, always chirped or were so noisy.

Be carefull!
              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by permit
                My GreenStuffs have lasted for 2+ years now, and are nearing the end, yet still make no noise. They are getting a bit weak, but at their prime, they're one hell of a pad. I love the low dust factor, and I'm going to be experimented with RedStuffs next time, even though I love the Greens.
                I used to run the RedStuffs. I got probably 20-30k miles out of them, low dust, but that's the nature of the pad, since it is meant to be run at higher temperatures. I still had a problem with them fading at longer, higher speed autocrosses though. They were ok, but I'm going to try something different. Probably some Hawks.
                -Brandon
                '86 325es S50
                '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Ive got Axxis Ultimates and I love them. Theyre priced to sell from BMA.
                  Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                  X