No announcement yet.

E30 Rear camber/toe correction plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eccentric plates are shaped the way they are to make it easy for someone that doesn't know what they are doing to install. If you have a machine shop, all you need to do is weld in 2 bars per side to act as guides for the eccentrics and slot the holes. If you understand how an eccentric works, it's not difficult.

And the bolts come from e39's
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

I'm a fabricator and I still decided just to buy these plates. Our time is worth something and in the end yeah I could have made something but why spend several hours when you can just slap these on and worry about something else.
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I made my own serrated plates. Very similar to IE's setup. They work great no slipping the alignment tech had no qualms with their difficulty.

OP: Its frustrating to those that take much time and effort to design new things and systems for these old cars that you would want to get the measurements handed to you just because you wont spend some coin to support the one putting in the effort. Copy it quietly with a little ingenuity or not at all please.
        sigpic

Comment

Brent5631 is on the money.

My Opinion: You can try to copy the design that one of the specialty houses have researched and designed, but you take the risk of making an error that costs you time (and money) to undo, not to mention cross the line of "stealing" their Intellectual Property.
          Buying these tabs does not require you mortgage the farm.

Do yourself a favor and buy the tabs. Regardless, good luck with the work. I an getting ready to do this as well, and my only question is "Do I buy the tabs and have them welded on, or buy an already setup subframe from GutenParts.

I love doing things myself...once. It drives me nuts to have to do a job multiple times.

“My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right.”
          ― Ashleigh Brilliant
          '91 325iX
          '93 325IS
          '93 325IS Spec E36
          '01 330i
          '07 328xi

Comment

Working...
          X