Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone beat this price for a brake kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone beat this price for a brake kit?

I need to do the brakes on my 325is, and this is the best I found. Shes going to see the track occasionally, which kind of makes me feel like these wont cut it. But a few of you recommended the stock brakes and said they were sufficient, so maybe these are fine?

Thanks in advance for the advice
    87' 325is Wife
    09' cbr600rr Mistress

Stock brakes as in size and calipers are fine for track duty. Cheap off the shelf rotors, and regular pads will put you into the wall. For track duty plan on $200 for pads front and rear, and another couple hundred for good rotors. A good fluid is recommended too along with good lines.

You gotta pay to play.

Comment

I can match that price if you go with WBR rotors and WBR ceramic brake pads. However, BMW combo or WBR combo will be terrible on the track. Rotors will be fine, but you need racing pads. $200 for pads alone is very conservative... I usually pay more for PFC pads
      My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Yeah thats what I figured, these seemed a little too cheap. I saw the performance kit from pelican (super kit) for around $500. Saw a thread saying pelican is overpriced, but I want something like that kit still.

Brakes Auto Parts for BMW 3-Series E30 (1983-1991): ABS Brake Parts, Brake Bleeding and Brake Tools, Brake Calipers, Brake Discs, Brake Drums, Brake Hoses and Lines, Brake Master Cylinders and Boosters, Brake Miscellaneous, Brake Pads, Brake Performance Upgrades, Parking Brakes

To the guy matching prices, I need rotors/pads/sensors and maybe SS lines while I'm in there.
        87' 325is Wife
        09' cbr600rr Mistress

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
          Stock brakes as in size and calipers are fine for track duty. Cheap off the shelf rotors, and regular pads will put you into the wall. For track duty plan on $200 for pads front and rear, and another couple hundred for good rotors. A good fluid is recommended too along with good lines.

You gotta pay to play.
          To be clear, you don't want "cheap" rotors, but inexpensive blank rotors with the same design as what came with our cars are just fine for a stock hp car on track. Don't spend more and get drilled rotors or anything.

But you're absolutely right that you need track oriented pads. Just know that true track pads SUCH for the street, as they are usually noisy at best, and at worse don't provide much braking power until they are really hot.
          -------------------------------------------------
          1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
          2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

I love the squeal of my brakes.

Comment

Working...
            X