Anyone ordered CA's from Bavauto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30 Wagen
    what are some signs that your control arms need to be replaced? I know my CABs are badly in need of replacement. I'm getting some popping noises, and things feel pretty squishy when I turn going slow.
    Genrerally speaking, clunks as you go over small bumps, shaking or vibration when braking.

If your bushings are completely shot then it's almost a given that the balljoints are gone or going shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen
      what are some signs that your control arms need to be replaced? I know my CABs are badly in need of replacement. I'm getting some popping noises, and things feel pretty squishy when I turn going slow.
      Check for play in the ball joints. Or, just look to see if ball joint dust covers are gone, and rusty inside balljoint. My symptoms were clunk noise, loose steering, and when tire off ground I could move it top to bottom.

If you have to do CAB's, do control arms. I found easiest to unbolt CA bracket, push CA and CAB assembly out using a press.

Then, push new CAB into bracket, and assembly onto new control arms. Make sure to line up same way as will be installed. Also check to see how new CAB's are to be oriented in brackets.
      88 325is FOR SALE
      89 325i FOR SALE
      95 LR Disco
      98 Volvo V70XC -FS!
      25' of oil-stained driveway
      Travel Kit:
      M4, FS 92, Mk19, 998

Comment

lemforder arms are heat treated, making them better for extra duty use like tracking. meyle/febi arms have been known to fail at the joint under extreme use.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X