trailing arm bent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailing arm bent?

UGH! sometimes I miss stuff as I look over my car. today I figured would be a good day to change out all of the bushings in the rear, no problems took 3 hrs for all of them. My tires in the rear had worn uneven (inside edge) the bushing were all toast. I attributed the wear to those.

But, when I pulled off the passenger trailing arm, I noticed a dent on the bottom about 2" long, 1/4" deep on the bottom of the arm, almost centered between the arm mounts. Po must have hit something...

SO, is there a way I can check the arm for straightness? I would imagine that it will be a problem, the last alignment showed both rears equally bad, so maybe not. I don't know I left it off for now. Don't want to put a bad arm back on... argh! I just keep finding more retarded problems with everything I touch. As a bonus, I saved the rear for last, so this most likely is the last stupid thing I'll find wrong...

maybe if I beat my head on it enough It will be straight, or I won't care anymore...:letitout:

Comment

You could take some measurements, and compare them to the non smashed trailing arm.
      If the alignment angles on both sides are the same, doesn't sound like it would be a problem.

Is your car lowered? Negative camber is wearing the inside edges of your tires.

Comment

I should have a new one coming thanks to scott. I was just too afariad to risk it. It really had some mega negative camber at stock ride height. after the time and money I have spent on this thing, a stupid trailing arm can't get in the way.
        I think the alignment I had done was by an idot anyways, there is no way I could have equal measurements with tire wear like I have. However at the moment, I'm thinking I would have been better off having scott send me a whole car last year, rather than piece by piece :)

Comment

Working...
        X