Best way for reassembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way for reassembly?

Bought my e30 with a busted oil pan, motor mount and subframe. I'm doing most of the "while I'm in there" things.
    E36 rack w/ PS delete and Poly guibo
    New Control arm bushings
    E30 M3 offset lollipop bushings
    Condor Motor mounts.

When I took everything off, I dropped the subframe with the control arm attached on the pass side. Couldn't get the nut off. Should I reassemble the subframe w/ motor mounts, steering rack, control arms off the car and put it on as one unit?

With the poly steering coupler, I can put on side of the steering linkage on the wheel side spline, the other on the rack side spline so i could bolt it together once everything is in place. It seems like that would be easier reading the e36 rack swap DIY.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I'm just looking for a general order for reassembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That nut can be removed with a stubby 22mm wrench, if it hasn't been rounded off. Otherwise a nut splitter can be used. With everything else you are doing, use new tie rods control arms and upper strut mounts.

And use a thread chasing tap to clean the threads for the subframe and lollipop mounts. A little corrosion can easily result in a snapped bolt.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X